Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

Good morning! Well, last night was the "core" dvd in P90X. This morning I'm feeling a "good" pain in my core, so I guess that's a good sign! Again, the routine was difficult, but that's why it will pay off. :)
I made a big salad for us to share with dinner. We also had leftover pork and peaches and rice for a snack later in the evening. Peaches and rice is a recipe I've been making for as long as I can remember. It's something my great-grandmother used to make, and we enjoy the tradition. Plus, it's delicious! Here is how we make it:
1 box of cooked rice (original recipe is white, but I use brown to make it a bit healthier)
5 peaches (diced)
few Tbsp. of vanilla
1/4-1/2 C. sugar
cinnamon
enough milk to make it moist
We watched the Phillies beat the Dodgers, which was exciting! I'm celebrating this morning by drinking my coffee in my pink Phillies mug :) :
I met my Dad at the YMCA this morning and we did an upper body weight workout:
3x chest press
3x tricep extensions
3x lat pull downs
3x curls
100 crunches

I was supposed to go to New Hope for the day with my grandmom, however the weather is not cooperating. We're supposed to have thunderstorms all day...so, I'm going to meet her at her house, go out to lunch and do some shopping. :)
I am thinking about making chili for dinner tonight. I know it's August, but I've been craving it and the cloudy/rainy weather makes it seem more appropriate! Before dinner will be another P90X dvd, but I'm not sure which one.
My interview is tomorrow! Please send your interview tips my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment