Friday, August 13, 2010

My First Overnight Oats, Swimming, Interview and Bachelorette Party!

Good morning! I have a busy day today, as I'm sure you can tell from the title! First off, I FINALLY tried my first "overnight" oats yesterday afternoon as a snack between my early lunch and dinner. I used:
                                                                          1/2 C. oats
                                                                        1 C. skim milk
                                                                1 blueberry Activia yogurt
                                                                            1 banana

                                                                           Delicious!


We did the Chest, Shoulders & Back dvd in the P90X set last night. Again, it was intense! During certain points I was literally so exhausted and my muscles were so tired that I couldn't even complete a move. I made a pot of chili for dinner, which we enjoyed with mixed vegetables. We took Carmel for a walk around the neighborhood and then watched the Phillies beat the Dodgers again! :)
This morning we headed to the YMCA for a workout. Pat ran on the treadmill (can't wait until I can join him!) and I lifted with my Dad. Here is what we did:
Smith Machine:
3x flat bench 40 lbs./45 lbs./40 lbs.
3x incline bench 20 lbs./25 lbs./20 lbs.
3x shoulder press 15 lbs./20 lbs./15 lbs.
100 crunches

My Dad is trying to convince me to start swimming laps in the pool. I realize that sounds like a normal suggestion, considering my doctor's orders which are to do non-weight bearing activity every other day. However, I can swim but I do not feel that I am good enough to swim for exercise - as in laps in a pool. Do you have any suggestions?

When I got home I showered and had this familiar breakfast:
1 C. Kashi Go Lean
1 C. skim milk
1 banana
iced coffee
Vitamin D/Calcium supplement
I have an interview at 2:00! Until then I will be straightening up the house and packing! Once Pat and my brother are done work we are heading to A.C. for a joint bachelor/bachelorette party!
Any interview tips to share??

No comments:

Post a Comment