Monday, August 16, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

Good morning! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Last night we did the cardio dvd in P90X. I enjoyed it and it was a nice break from the weights/bands. We were lazy and had leftovers for dinner. Chili was still delicious!

We went to the gym this morning and I lifted with my Dad:
3x lat pull downs (70 lbs/80 lbs/70 lbs)
3x tricep pull downs (40 lbs/50 lbs/40 lbs)
3x curls (40 lbs/45 lbs/40 lbs)
3x seated rows (70 lbs/80 lbs/70 lbs)

I went to Target when I got home because I need a few ingredients for a recipe I'm making for dinner. I also got a block of tofu (who knew Target carried that?!), La Croix sparkling water, which I've seen in the blog world but never in the store, and Truvia!

Here is the recipe I plan to make:

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
4 – (6 oz) chicken breasts, diced into 1” cubes

1 medium onion
2.5 cups chopped broccoli
1.5 cups (volume when cooked) brown rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of plain yogurt
3/4 C. shredded cheese
salt & pepper

directions:
in a saute pan, combine brown chicken & onion and cook through.
steam broccoli.
cook rice.
combine cooked chicken, onions, broccoli, rice and remaining ingredients in mixing bowl. mix well.
pour mixture into casserole dish. sprinkle with cheese.
bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, until warmed through, about 15-20 minutes (since all ingredients are already pretty warm from cooking them).


After Target I made a delicous bowl of chocolate peanut butter oats:
1/2 C. oats
2 C. water
1 TB. raisins
1/2 scoop choc. protein powder
1 TB. peanut butter

Yum! I love the crunch that the crunchy p.b. adds to the oats :)
Now I'm going to apply for some jobs, work on Pat's anniversary present and begin the dinner recipe. The weather is not looking too promising, but if the sun comes out I may lay out by the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment